BUFFALO SOLDIERS MC DAYTON CHAPTER
P.O. Box 144
Clayton Ohio, 45315
STANDARD OPERATING PROCEDURES (SOP)
SECTION 1: NAME
This chapter, under “pending” charter from the National Association of Buffalo Soldiers & Troopers Motorcycle Club (NABSTMC), known as the Dayton Buffalo Soldiers Motorcycle Club, Dayton Ohio shall be governed first by the By-Laws and the Rules and Regulations of the Nationals Association of Buffalo Soldiers & Troopers Motorcycle Club, and secondly by following the Standard Operating Procedures set forth by the governing body of the Dayton chapter.
SECTION 2: PURPOSE
The purpose of the Dayton Buffalo Soldiers Motorcycle Club is:
· To promote safe motorcycling and to educate our society on the rich history of the Buffalo Soldiers US Army 9th and 10th Cavalry and their contributions to American history.
· Provide money for local and national tax-exempt charities pursuant to 501© (3) of the IRS, whose mission is harmonious with the Dayton Buffalo Soldiers Motorcycle Club.
· To be active in the community serving programs such as food banks, backpacks for school children, toy ride, military vet-funeral services, and lending aid to the mentally and physically challenged children and adults.
· Use our motorcycles as iron horses to help tell the story of the buffalo soldiers, to engage young people in horseback riding, camping, fishing, canoeing, boating, and understanding the great outdoors.
· To provide educational opportunity through scholarships and other aid to the underserved disenfranchised students in need of help in furthering their education.
· To ensure that all programs offered by the Dayton Buffalo Soldiers Motorcycle Club is managed in accordance with the NABSTMC’s polices, guidelines and standards.
The Dayton Buffalo Soldiers Motorcycle Club “SHALL NOT”, as a corporate entity, attempt to influence legislation or participate in political campaigns for public office.
SECTION 3: REGULATIONS
· The Dayton Buffalo Soldiers organization, its officers, and its members when riding their motorcycle will comply with all NABSTMC’s regulations as for as Attire, Footgear, and Equipment.
· No drinking of Alcohol, or imperative drug before or during the operation of you iron horse (Motorcycle).
· The Dayton Buffalo Soldiers organization when riding as a unit will adhere to all state regulation, rules of the road, and state safety guidelines.
· The Road Captain has great authority and an especially important job (SAFTEY). The Road Captain oversees road trips to and from the designated destination. Once the group reaches its destination, the highest-ranking officer is in charge. The Road Captain also has the authority to impose and collect fines by classification during or after said road trip. (NOTE: SAFETY IS EVERYONES BUSINESS)
· Full members, who decide to terminate membership can do at any time, but the club officers will be required to collect their colors.
SECTION 4: FUNDING SOURCES/USE OF FUNDS
· The revenues to pursue the objectives of the organization shall be derived from solicitation of donations and revenue-producing activities conducted by the organization under the guidance and supervision of the Chapter Executive Board.
· All revenue-producing activity ideas will be presented to the officers at a regular club meeting to be voted on.
· All revenues and donations to the Dayton Buffalo Soldiers MC club will be recorded using the checks and balance system by the secretary and treasurer.
· Funds used for regular business will be voted on at regular meetings, only in the event of an emergency Business the treasure, along with one other Executive Board member can make use of chapter funds.
· The chapter treasure will ensure all chapter bills are paid, such as i.e., insurance and will report any expenders in monthly treasure report along with any other used or received funds.
SECTION 5: WHO AND HOW TO BECOME A MEMBER
· Must complete a membership application and background information screening.
· Must possess a Class M license along with properly insured motorcycle 750cc or above.
· Complete a probationary period, not to exceed nine (9) months,including satisfying the organization’ miles requirements.
· Must have completed or will complete a widely recognized motorcycle safety course.
· All request for exception to policy will be forwarded to the NABSTMC chain of command for approval.
· Any Active, Reserve, or Retired Armed Forces/Law Enforcement/Public Safety personnel, or any up-standing person at least 21 years of age, are eligible for membership.
UNDERSTANDING THE SOP
The Dayton Buffalo Soldiers Motorcycle Club Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) “DOES NOT” in anyway change, attempt to change, or alter the By-Laws of the NABSTMC. This SOP is a simply understanding of the Dayton Buffalo Soldiers MC day to day operations and activities. Any conflict with the understanding of the SOP, the NABSTMC By-Laws will tack precedent.
MONTHLY MEETINGS, ACTIVITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· There shall be regular meeting of the members and other meeting as decided upon. The club President is over all responsible for everything the club does and fells to do. The Vice President is part of the support chain of command to have final authority only in the absent of the president. The Secretary will be responsible for disseminating information on all business discussions to the chapter. The Treasure has the power of the Purse by committee, and will oversee the distribution, Collection, and Payments of all club moneys and provide monthly reports.
· All meetings will be conducted in a professional, and courteous manner. Robert’s rules of order will govern all club meetings and matters not covered by the bylaws.
· Colors” WILL BE” worn at all club meetings.
· The Dayton Buffalo Soldiers MC members will meet monthly; 10 o’clock am the second Saturday of the month, Buckeye Harley Davison, Vandalia Ohio, North Dixie Rd. for as long as the establishment will allow our club to use their meeting room.
· Meeting will take place except for inclement weather that may make travel unsafe; January, February for most years in Ohio, some Decembers.
· Members should be at the meeting at least 10 min. before start time. A ten 10min. to start time announcement will be made so everyone can take their place. Habitual tardiness may result in a ($) fine.
· Opening the meeting with Roll call, Prayer, and the buffalo soldier MC Creed. The Sergeant of Arms will ensure the meeting place is secured, and the order of operations is carried out in accordance with the By-Laws following the agenda.
· Old Business, New Business, and all identified executive board reports will be reported at each monthly meeting.
· Club events and rides for the year should be placed on the yearly calendar, but not limited to the events on the calendrer, voted on and approve in the beginning of the year, to be reviewed monthly.
· Chapter Business is private and will remain Confidential, and will not be discussed with anyone outside of the Buffalo Soldiers MC.
· All full patch members must pay their $52.00 donation to NABSTMC, and Chapter donations of $100.00, Associates members $52.00 for National donations by the deadline, January 20th of each year so the chapters national reports can be reported on time.
· All Chapters money giving’s will be through the Secretary, then to the Treasure to ensure checks and balance record of all exchanges of moneys.
· Each month the chapter will have at least one member give a historic account about the Buffalo Soldiers, followed by chapter discussion.
· Riding formation, and safety rules classes will be conducted by the Road Captain, President, or his or her nominee monthly.
· Any special events, birthdays, hospitalized, sick or shut-in cards or flowers that is appropriate to encourage and recognize members or events by committee monthly.
· Members and Probates are expected to behave in such a manner as to avoid discrediting or dishonoring the club, not only, but especially when wearing colors.
The above SOP is to regulate the Dayton Buffalo Soldiers MC day to day operation, to promote fellowship, harmony, and good organized motorcycling. Horning the rich and often forgetting legacy, and history of the Men and Women of color, of the US Army’s 9th & 10th Cavalry. Riding our motorcycle as iron horses to promote good community role models, wearing the colors of the units that made history defining the odds stack against them. We are in no way affiliated, allied with or party to any 1% motorcycle Clubs of any kind. We are a Nation of professional Public Servants’ men and women who love riding their motorcycles, discriminating against No One. Only wanting to use our God given gifts to serve the communities in which we live and work in, while riding our Motorcycles.
The SOP’S were approved by the Executive Board at a regular meeting held on 12/19/2020 in witness, where of the following officers affix their signature.
PRESIDENT: Original Sign
Jerry "Top" Newsome
VICE PRESIDENT: Original Sign
Michael "Money Mike" Hogans
SECRETARY: Original Sign
James "Stoker" Snyder
TREASURER: Original Sign
Darryl "Mac" McFadden
Acceptance Agreement of the NABSTMC BY-LAWS and Dayton BSMC SOP
I, ________________________________________, if voted in as a Full Patch member or as an Associate, and once I begin to wear the NABSTMC Colors (consisting of 5 pieces: Upper Rocker, dark blue felt with gold chenille letters ‘BUFFALO’ The lower rocker is the same material and color with the letters ‘SOLDIERS’ The lower rocker has a lower line of letters with the name of the state the chapter is based in. Two single letter pieces dark blue felt gold chenille letter ‘M & C’ These are arranged on either side of the center piece. The center piece is the image of the soldier with cap, gloves and saber. It is a combination of silk screen, chenille and embroidery and is the trademark of the NABSTMC, I will abide by and to adhere all rules, regulations, policies and standards set forth by the NABSTMC, the Great Lakes Frontier, and the Dayton BSMC Chapter.
If for any reason I, ______________________________________ lose my membership by unanimous vote by any executive board of the NABSTMC or The Buffalo Soldiers MC Dayton Chapter or in the event of my resignation of my own freewill and accord, I will without duress or hesitation return the Colors to the President of the Dayton Chapter immediately.
I fully understand that the Colors are the property of the NABSTMC and the Buffalo Soldiers MC Dayton Chapter. The Colors are not mine to keep but to wear as a representative of the organization as so long as I am a member in good standing. I also understand that legal action can and will be used to retrieve Colors if I do not fulfill my obligation or adhere to my promise to return them.
Signature: ___________________________ Date: _____________